Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that UWSM community investment goals and priority areas are taken into consideration in all grant- making processes
2. Review application forms and documents’; prepare additional interview questions (if required) to ensure applications meet criteria including:
• Agency capacity to deliver the program
• Program alignment to agency’s mission
• Evidence and need for the program
• Adaptability and client centered
• Alignment to focus area and investment priorities
• Target population and clients serviced
• Impact of the program on clients
• Intended outcomes of the program
3. Conduct Interviews where warranted as part of the application review process with support from UWSM staff.
4. Complete review, assessments and scoring of applications.
5. As a council, form recommendations to the UWSM Community Investment & Engagement Steering Committee on which funding allocations will create a strong network of supports exhibiting diversity in geography, populations served and range of programs/interventions or services. All recommendations are then presented to the United Way Board of Directors for final approval.
6. To provide a safe and confidential environment for sharing information.
7. Ensure a fair, transparent, equitable funds allocation process.
8. Support United Way in our growth and development
9. Provide feedback and recommendations to UWSM on capacity building, advocacy and collaboration
10. Review Annual Reports from funded agencies to inform United Way of accomplishments and gather data on clients impacted by the program, ensure agency accountability and understand circumstances that may influence program impact, making recommendations for support if needed.